Friday 13 May 2016

Book Beginnings on Fridays - The Secret To Not Drowning

Book Beginnings on Fridays is hosted by Rose City Reader and as she says the idea of this meme is for you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name. There's a linky list on the website and you can use #BookBeginnings on Twitter.

 

This week my book beginning is The Secret To Not Drowning by Colette Snowden. I only heard about this book on Twitter the other day and have borrowed an ebook from Suffolk libraries, it's one of the books included in Brave New Reads and you can read about them all here

 

There are four people in the room but only one of them is me.

I am the only one flat on my back, legs in the air, knickers somewhere on the floor. I am the only one focusing only on the paper towels stacked in piles from the floor almost to the ceiling. Little green bundles, ready and waiting for all those doctors and nurses to wash their hands and dry them again afterwards.

 

The SECRET TO NOT DROWNING 

 

Book Description:

 

 How did a girl who once dreamed of being a Charlie's Angel become such a cowed and submissive woman? When a chance meeting at her once a week trip to the swimming baths develops into a secret relationship she has the chance to become the women she wanted to be but is it too late?  

 

 

5 comments:

  1. This sounds intriguing. I want to know more. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure what's going on but if she thought she would be a Charlie's Angel, I want to know what happened to make her so tame.
    sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have piqued my curiosity with the excerpt. Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: “I LET YOU GO”

    ReplyDelete
  4. The teaser is definitely eye grabbing - makes you wonder what's going on - here's my Friday meme

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.