Thursday 31 March 2016

When She Was Bad by Tammy Cohen


This psychological thriller kept me guessing until the end. The story has two threads; one is in America and about a particularly horrific case child psychologist Anne Cater dealt with years ago. The other is in England, set in an office at a recruitment agency where manager Gill has been let go. Much to the rest of the staff's dismay she's been replaced by the much stricter Rachel Masters. Gone is the friendly office atmosphere and everyone is on edge, wondering if they will be the next one shown the door and suddenly becoming suspicious of each other. Anyone who has worked in a similar environment will recognise the office politics involved and the team bonding weekend away was my idea of hell.


The two storylines are obviously linked but as the tension gradually increased during the book, I didn't work out correctly how until all was revealed. A gripping read that I raced through in a few days and I will certainly look at my work colleagues in a different light. 


Rating: 5 out of 5


Thanks to Netgalley and Transworld for my copy in return for an honest review. 


Publication date: 21st April 2016







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.