Thursday 2 July 2015

In a Dark, Dark Wood by Ruth Ware

In a Dark, Dark WoodNora is surprised to be invited to Clare's hen weekend but agrees with her friend Nina that they'll go. Nora walked out of school and away from her boyfriend James ten years ago, that was also the last time she saw Clare. They had been best friends throughout their school years so what happened? As the story progresses in the isolated house in the woods we find out why.

 

Other characters attending the weekend away are Tom who works in the theatre, Melanie who is away from her baby for the first time and Clare's obsessive best friend Flo.

 

I thought this was a good, fast paced psychological thriller and for most of it I wasn't sure what was going to happen next. I found the ending was predictable though, I'd worked it out earlier and it wasn't the big shock I'd been hoping for. Worth a read if you like psychological thrillers and I'll look out for future novels by this author.

 

Thank you to Harvill Secker for my review copy. 

 

Rating: 3.5 out of 5

 

Publication date: 30th July 2015

 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.