Monday 29 September 2014

Mondays Posts

Mailbox Monday & It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

 

mmb-300x282

Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. It was created by Marcia @ A Girl and Her Books but now has a permanent home here

 

This week I received a book proof copy of A Place Called Winter by Patrick Gale. It's due to be published by Tinder Press in March 2015:

 

A Place Called WinterIn the golden 1900s, Harry Cane, a shy, eligible gentleman of leisure is drawn from a life of quiet routine into courting and marrying Winnie, eldest daughter of the fatherless Wells clan, who are not quite as respectable as they would appear. They settle by the sea and have a daughter and conventional marriage does not seem such a tumultuous change after all. When a chance encounter awakens scandalous desires never acknowledged until now, however, Harry is forced to forsake the land and people he loves for a harsh new life as a homesteader on the newly colonized Canadian prairies. There, in a place called Winter, he will come to find a deep love within an alternative family, a love imperiled by war, madness and an evil man of undeniable magnetism.

 

aaa1

It's Monday! What Are You Reading is a weekly meme run by Book Journey and you can mention books you've just finished, are currently reading and any you plan to read this week. You can leave a link to your blog and read other bloggers posts.

 

ThinnerThis week I finished Thinner by Stephen King. This was the second time I'd read it but couldn't remember much about it, he's one of my favourite authors and I often re-read his novels. I'm now onto A Place Called Winter by Patrick Gale, details for which are above.

 

11 comments:

  1. A Place Called Winter is a new one for me, and it looks really good!

    Thinner is one of the S.K. books I haven't read yet, but I did see the movie and loved it, so I need to finally read the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Place Called Winter looks and sounds stark. I hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read that Stephen King book...looks intriguing. Enjoy your week, and thanks for sharing.

    Here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Place Called Winter sounds enticing. Hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never read a Stephen King. In my mind, King = Horror and I don't read horror. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you finished Thinner. I love re-reading his books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am angry with S. King, I am not sure if I will ever lift my personal boycott of him. LOL

    Guy Vestal @ Counter Culture Critic

    ReplyDelete
  8. A Place Called Winter sounds good to me. I hope you like it. I like the cover.

    Thanks for sharing, and have a great reading week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.