Monday 14 July 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

aaa1

Its Monday! What Are You Reading is a weekly meme run by Book Journey and you can mention books you've just finished, are currently reading and any you plan to read this week. You can leave a link to your blog and read other bloggers posts.

 

Big Stone GapThe Honk and Holler Opening SoonI haven't been reading as much as I normally do recently. As I mentioned in last week's post I gave up on a book and this week after finishing The Honk And The Holler Opening Soon (which I enjoyed) I wasn't sure what to start next. I was going to take a few days break when I remembered I had Big Stone Gap by Adriana Trigiani sitting on my shelf, picked it up to read a few pages and loved it so carried on. I'm taking my time reading it and not forcing myself to get it finished quickly, I often get through at least two novels a week and I think I subconsciously put myself under pressure to continue with this. It can very occasionally make reading feel like a chore rather than a pleasurable activity. I've also stopped requesting ARCs for the time being for exactly he same reason. I want to read and enjoy a book without having to think what I'm going to say about it, if I want to review one great but if not I won't have to.

 

I've been busy as well because my youngest daughter had her 10th birthday, where has the time gone! She was very excited and we had a great week which included a meal out at a restaurant of her choice.

 


 

5 comments:

  1. Big Stone Gap is a perfect read for someone who loved Honk and Holler. And a great summer read, too, I think!

    Here's my It's Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed both of those books as well,

    Have a great reading week,

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not read either of these. I like the thought of reading slowly and savoring a book. I feel like I'm gulping them down this summer. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read so many people who loved Big Stone Gap! I've only read her book The Supreme Macaroni Company, so I might have to give that one a try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Honk and Holler is Opening Soon looks like a good read. I enjoyed Places in the Heart by the same author.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.