Thursday 14 November 2013

The One Plus One by Jojo Moyes

The One Plus OneSingle Mum Jess is struggling to bring up her daughter as well as the withdrawn teenage son of her ex. She cleans Ed's holiday home, on paper to her he seems to have it all, two homes, nice cars and no money worries. But Ed also has problems of his own, including something that could lead to him losing everything.

 

I received this from Real Readers, my first review book from them, and I was disappointed when I opened the parcel. I have never read any of Jojo Moyes previous novels, I always presumed she was a chick lit author and therefore I wouldn't enjoy her stories. How wrong I was!

 

The chapters alternate from each characters point of view and I loved all of them. Jess, Tanzie, Nicky, Ed and of course not forgetting Norman the dog. It is intelligently well written and ignoring all preconceptions describes what it is like to be a single parent in Britain today, as well as perfectly encapsulating teenage angst amongst other issues. There are moments when you'll laugh as well as cry and at no point did I regret deciding to read it.

 

Thanks to Real Readers and Penguin for sending me this book in return for an honest review.

 

Rating: 4 out of 5

 

Publication date: 27th February 2014  

 

 

Book Blurb:

One single mum.
One chaotic family.
One handsome stranger.
One unexpected love story.

Sometimes we add up to more than the sum of our parts.

Discover the poignant and compelling new novel from international bestseller, Jojo Moyes

Follow Jojo on Twitter: @JojoMoyes
www.jojomoyes.com
#TheOneJojo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.